Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Monday, October 22, 2012

Cloud Atlas Inspired Nails.

I wanted to do these nails after I saw the 5 minute trailer for Cloud Atlas for the first time. I had an idea in my mind but had to figure out  how to get the design onto my nails. After a couple of practice rounds on practice stones and nail lollipops I was ready to do this look on my nails.
If you want to see how I made the base I have the link to that post below.


Now onto the stamping part the lady and the gentleman on the thumb meeting each other, in the trailer they show a lady in a day gown meeting the gentleman that is shown moments before wearing a top hat. The writing on index finger is for the old letters Halle Berry's character is reading  and the half written old journal that the lawyer wrote. And the piano and music keys are the composer. The image of the couple on ring finger is for all the characters falling in love in different ages. And last the ship the lawyer was on when he wrote his journal. I  used plates from three brands Bundle Monster, Cheeky and Dashica.
And the plate I used for each finger: thumb, Dashica SdP 80, index finger BM 311, middle finger BM 207 and CH 31 (picked out single music keys), ring finger Dashica SdP 60 and little finger CH 49 (1 ship from the full nail image). I started out using my Konad polish in Black, but that was too thick on some of the images so I swapped to Dashica's stamping polish in Black.
I had fun doing this one, and I am happy how it turned out.


The background.



Finished look.


Closer look.


Close up of thumb.

And here is the youtube video of the stamping part, I hope you like it.

                                         




I can't wait to see this movie in the theater. My hubby has been watching the trailers like crazy, I have lost count. And he wants to get the soundtrack for this movie, yeah he is hooked on this movie already. LOL. But I can't blame him, of what I have seen this movie is going to make my jaw drop to the floor. Bet it's going to be the big winner of the Oscar's next year. And just in case you haven't seen the 5 minute trailer I added it down below. Enjoy and start drooling, I can't wait, I'll be armed with a drink, popcorn and Milk Duds when I go. And I know hubby is even more exited about this move than I am, so he can't wait either. LOL.


                                  




  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment