Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Thursday, October 4, 2012

My First October Awareness Manicure.

October is awareness month for Breast Cancer, Domestic Violence, Downs Syndrome just to mention a few from a long list. But I wanted to start my October Awareness Month with an other cause that I believe should get as much attention as breast cancer, SIDS or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. SIDS is the sudden death of an infant under the age of 1 that can't be explained after a thorough investigation has been conducted, inc a complete autopsy, examination of the death scene and review of the clinical history. Each year SIDS is the cause of death for around 2500 infants a year, in the US alone. Thousands more if you count word wide.

I also decided to do this first for one other reason. Some of you know that I plat a MMORPG Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game  called Final Fantasy XI Online. A bit over 2 years ago my husband and I met a very nice man in the game who has become a very good friend. And we noticed that he would get very quiet when we talked about or little girl who was a newborn at the time. Later we learned from a mutual friend that he lost a baby girl to SIDS. So this manicure is for my friend DM (character initials) and his little princess. And to every parent out there who has lost their little angels to SIDS.







                                                                  http://www.sids.org/









1 comment:

  1. Awesome manicure. I did one for the Pregnancy and Infant Loss Manicure. I am also doing the October awareness manicures. Just completed breast cancer, Mental Illness and World Animal day. I have alot more to complete...

    ReplyDelete