Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Monday, March 17, 2014

My Tribute To Flavio The Tiger & The Big Cat Rescue.

2 years ago my husband showed me this youtube video of big cats and boxes. And since then I have been a subscriber to the Big Cat Rescue's youtube channel.  And I am just amazed of the work they do so that these big cats can have a better life than someones illegal pet. A while ago I saw a video on their site of this beautiful tiger playing with a fountain. Then a couple of months ago I saw they posted a special video, and it was of this tiger and their tribute to him. The tiger Flavio a 25 year old male tiger who had lived his final 12 years at the Big Cat Rescue Sanctuary had passed. I was just so touched when I saw this video and learned about Flavio's story, he used to be a circus tiger. I just remembered when I saw that video of him playing with that water fountain it was clearly he lived the last of his 12 years in a better home. And that he was happy, or he wouldn't have been playing like a young tiger cub with that fountain.
Since I saw that tribute video to Flavio I have wanted to do some tiger nails. And I finally got around to do this.

If you want to learn more about BCR here are their links to their website and youtube channel.
http://bigcatrescue.org/

https://www.youtube.com/user/BigCatRescue

Now onto the nail art part. I did a coat of white polish as base so the stamping decals would appear more vivid. So I used Orly Pointe Blanche. The image plate is Infinity Nails By Dashica and plate 12, I used Dashica stamping polish in black. To fill in the stamping decals I used water based acrylic paints in white, light mocha, brown, orange and yellow. And mixed the colors until I had the shades I wanted. To fill in the image with the paints I used 2 fine detailed brushes I got from the craft store. To seal in the decals on my stampers I used a cheap drugstore brand NYC Grand Central Station, it's a fast drying top coat. Then I used my HK Girl top coat to glue the decal onto my nail and then a final seal over the decal to give it a nice shine.                                        


For some reason it won't let me upload the video tutorial, some kind of error. So here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL2qOr-Ua9c&feature=youtu.be



Final Look

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete