Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Monday, March 10, 2014

Under The Sea Nails.

This week's challenge in AIS on facebook was Under The Sea. So I wanted to do some stamping decals, I don't do stamping decals as often as I would like.... Why, you ask.... Well, it takes longer to do stamping decals. I only did one hand and I worked for a bit over 1 hour and 45 minutes, not counting the nail care routine and applying the white base color.
I applied 1 coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Then I pulled out my acrylic paints (in white, blue, Light Mocha, brown, purple, yellow and orange they are mostly by FolkArt & Apple Barrel), my brushes and a paper cup with water and started working. I mixed blue and white to get the desired light blue shade I wanted and painted 2 coats over my white base, letting the first coat dry before applying the second color of light blue. Then I picked a nude color of acrylic paint and mixed it with white to get a light sand color to be the sandy seabed shade, and applied 2 coats of this as an uneven French tip. I wanted to add some dimension to the seabed so added some of the nude acrylic paint on it's own to random areas of the French tip. But couldn't really see it that well, so I got my brown acrylic paint and added a tiny bit to the nude & white mix. Then applied it to random spots on the French tip area.
I did a coat of top coat to seal in the acrylic paint and get a smooth surface for my stamping.
Then I picked Winstonia W-01 and Infinity Nails 11 by Dashica and my Jade green stamping polish from Dashica and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Mint Sprint and stamped 2 images of sea weed on two of my nails. And applied an other coat of top coat over the seaweed images, and my background was done.

Stamping decals are a lot of fun but they take so long to do if you want to do more then just 1 or 2 nails. I use Konad stamping polish in white and all of my firm stampers. Then to fill in the decals I used acrylic paints and a detail brush I got from the craft store. And the top coat I used to seal in the decals on my stampers was NYC Grand Central Station.  To glue my decals onto my nails I used Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat and also used this to seal it all together at the end. I have to say, I really love this top coat it is my new favorite fast drying top coat. So happy I got 3 bottles of it right away, so it will last me for a few weeks..... LOL.

Looks like youtube and google won't sync again so my video tutorial box won't come up when I add it as a youtube link here. So I have to wait and see if it will come up tomorrow and add it then. But for now, here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9yfdelTXo&feature=youtu.be


Final Look


As always thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment