Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Oh, Fairies Sprinkle Me In Some Pixie Dust So I Can Do Water Marbles.

So the idea was I wanted to combine two nail challenges in one, water marbling and individual images stamping.
I haven't tried water marbled nails before because I am so afraid of the clean up. But I have watched Colette's videos on youtube for years.She is for sure the water marble queen.

But it was clearly it was easier said than done, and not as easy as it looks on youtube. After trying for 2 hours I finally gave up. And my cuticles looked like hell, even tho I used tape around my nail to make the mess less. Needless to say I need more practice, but I want to go to the dollar store and get a bunch of cheap polishes to practice the art of water marbles.

So I had to figure out something else to do on my nails, so I decided to do a gradient spotted sponge effect under some glitter. All the polishes I used for these nails are by Sinful Colors.
I used Beautiful Girl as base color, and Bianca and Thimbleberry for very faint gradient spots. Then I topped it all off with Pink Glitter to look like my pixie dust.

For the stamping I also used a SC polish Black On Black and Marianne Nails n 11, this plate is so pretty and girly with all the fairies. I love it.

youtube tutorial









Looks like fall has reached us here in Salt Lake City, it is for sure fall weather with rain. Still pretty warm temp tho. So going to curl up on the couch and eat a bowl of soup and watch some Netflix.
Hope you all have a wonderful week, and as always thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment