Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

First Easter Mani Of The Year Didn't Go As Planned.

When I got the Spring/Easter collection Sunshine & Rainbows from 10.1 Polish I knew I had to do at least 1 Easter mani with it. I had it all planned out, what background and what plate, and the images I wanted.
A couple of years ago the stunning Dulce aka Bunny Nails did a mani with bunnies playing around under a cherry blossom tree on a pink base. But I wanted to do a mani with this look with the bunnies playing on a green field on a sunny day. And I knew two of the Sunshine & Rainbows collection polishes would be perfect as the background base for this mani. I even used the same plate for the bunnies as Dulce did, one of her own amazing plates Bunny Nails HD-B. This image plate has some Easter images, St. Patrick's Day images, birthday images and some Valentine's Day images. And if you haven't tried Bunny Nails plates, they are amazing.

My inspiration from the very talented Dulce aka Bunny Nails.


Products I used for this mani:
Pro FX Fiberized ridge filler base coat
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Mr Blue Sky and Springtime Carpet from 10.1 Polish
Bunny Nails HD-B plate
Candy head stamper heads from Marianne Nails
Fab Ur Nails Marshmallow stamper head
DIY stamper handle
Graftobian makeup latex in red
DRK Nails stamping polish in White
Dashica stamping polish in Emerald Green/Dark Green and Brown
Dotting tool
Glisten & Glow HK topcoat
Bliss Kiss cuticle oil

                                      
youtube tutorial


When I was done stamping the bunnies and grass, I thought adding the cherry blossom branches and flowers would overcrowd my mani. And I was so bummed and unhappy with the mani. But still decided to share the mani and do the tutorial to show the Bunny Nails plate and the 10.1 polishes.
So I uploaded my picture to instagram and couple of friends (Gwen & Kelly) pointed out it reminded them of a mani done by another nail friend of mine, Diana. And you know what, I have admired Diana's work for so long. So I looked at it again, and liked my mani again. Why? Because I felt like when my friends told me that my mani reminded them of one of Diana's that was a huge compliment. Diana always creates these amazing looking manis and she inspires a lot of people around the world. Not just little old me.... I will just continue to wish I had wider nail beds so I could do more on my nails without it making my nails look overcrowded..... And do my best to do nail art.


Diana's amazing story telling mani.


My playful Easter bunny mani....
 So simple looking compared to Dulce's and Diana's, but I still like it now.




Special thanks to:
Dulce/Bunny Nails for her amazing plate and being such an inspiration to others with her nail art. 
Kelly the amazing friend and lady behind the 10.1 Polishes
Diana van Nisselroy for all the inspiration to others with her amazing talent for nail art.
Gwen for being such and amazing friend, thanks again for all of the goodies you sent me.
Love ya, girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment