Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Monday, February 22, 2010

In the mood for some Indian.

Well, I should have known that my next blog would be about food. I woke up today felling this hunger for some Indian food.. So I went to my local Ralph's store that I just love because it has this sushi bar with 2 really sweet sushi chefs. An one of them made me some for lunch.... It was sooooo yummy. But I got what I needed to make todays dinner, chicken curry with nan bread. I don't have a good recipe for nan bread so got ready made from the store, going to heat it before serving tho. Lol, I guess it's kinda semi-homemade.

2 tbs butter
1 cup finely chopped apple
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbs's cornstarch
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp's curry powder
1 cup cold chicken broth
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
3 chicken breasts sliced thin.

Melt half the butter and quickly cook chicken and remove from pan. Melt the rest of the butter and add apple, celery, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Combine cornstarch, curry, salt and broth. Stir into the onion mixture, add coconut milk. Cook and stir till it thickens and bubbles, reduce heat to low and add chicken. Let it all simmer on low until rice is cooked and ready.


Now for the rice, you may think that it`s easy. But to cook it perfect, and I say perfect.... Not to dry and not to mushy. Sure you have a rice cooker I have one too. But the key is good rice (I get a big sack of rice at an Asian market) and to rinse the rice in cold water before you cook it. And washing the rice with warm water is a big NO, NO you will ruin the rice....

2 cups rice
water

Rinse rice in cold water, drain and put in your rice cooker add 2 1/4 cups water and let the cooker do it's thing. When the rice is done let the rice sit and steam for 5-10 mins before serving.

If you don't have one of these gadgets; Rinse rice in cold water, drain and place in s pot. Add 2 1/4 cups water bring to boil, keep the pot covered. Then lower the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until done. Rice should stick together but also be fluffy. Remove from heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes.

If the rice seems to dry add a couple of tablespoons of water, stir, cover and let cook a bit longer. If the rice is to wet, remove the lid, stir and cook a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment