Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Monday, February 15, 2010

My meatloaf.

Today I'm going to make my meatloaf for dinner and thought I could make a post about it. It's really yummy, always comes out really moist..... Not the most healthy, but it is 100% comfort food so who cares really... I always make mashed potatoes and corn.... Left over meatloaf on a sandwich for lunch your loved ones, will make their day.
I normally make this by eye and taste but pulled out my cups and scale from my kitchen cabinets.I will also write the recipe in metric. This also taste great with ground turkey.


1 cup / 220 gr brown sugar
1 cup / 150 ml ketchup
1 1/2 /700 gr pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup /180 ml milk
1 small onion chopped
1 small red bellpepper/ paprika chopped
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup / 50 gr breadcrumbs


Preheat oven 350º F /175 º C. Lightly grease a loafpan. Saute the onion and bellpepper. In a bowl mix ketchup and brown sugar, spread 1/3 of this glaze im the bottom of loafpan. In a large mixingbowl mix thoroughly ground beef, onion, bellpepper, milk, eggs, breadcrumbs, spices and about 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar & ketchup glaze.
Make into a loaf and place into loafpan, spread rest of the glaze on top of the meatloaf.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hr or until juices are clear.


This meatloaf is great with any potato dish but also is tasty with rice or cous cous. I also do corn with this one (nibblets or on the cobb). If I get cobbs I also make a jalapeño and lime butter. 1 stick of butter, 1/2 minced jalapeño pepper, 1-2 teaspoons of lime juice. Mix it all together and spread over your corn.

Well, that is it for me for today. Time to feed my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment