Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Monday, July 18, 2011

Jalapeno butter!

So it's summer and we're enjoying the summer days with bbq and dinner parties outside with great company and great food and beverages. A big hit in my home is grilled white corn cobs, but I pair it with an upgrade of just plain old butter Jalapeno butter that I make and freeze.
It works great in baked potatoes, on fish, chicken and meat, just adds that little extra to your meal.

What you need:

1 stick butter
1 fresh jalapeno
1 garlic clove
1 lime
And your food processor or mini food processor if you have one.

Deseed the jalapeno, peel the garlic clove, zest and juice the lime and put it all in the processor with the stick of butter and pulse until it's all chopped and blended together. I roll the mix into a sausage and wrap it in plastic and freeze it. Then when you decide to add some with your dinner you just cut off what you need for that meal and let it defrost before your meal.
I got this recipe from my grandmother inlaw, and since I met her 6 years ago I always make a couple of sticks each spring and summer.
An other quick tip for grilling corn, wrap them in bacon so you get the salty smoky flavors on the corn cobs and remove the bacon before you eat. Won't be a waste of bacon you can top them on  burgers or just use them with your breakfast the morning after.

No comments:

Post a Comment