Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Nails.

I did this mani, a couple of days ago and used polish to fill in the image. But I wasn't too happy about it, some of the colors didn't show up as well as I would have liked. So I decided to redo and re-shoot the nails and tutorial for it.
I used the same base and images, but instead of polish to fill in the image I used acrylic paints. And I saw this first from Messy Mansion's picture tutorial, and decided to try this out my self and make a youtube tutorial.


Here are the items and plates I used for this mani:

Base color: Essie Sugar Daddy
Konad stampers
Plastic scraper from Dashica
Konad Special polish: White
Acrylic Paints: Oumaxi
Loew-Cornell Soft Comfort: 18/0 Spotter
Dashica XXL SdP 1: Easter Egg image
Dashica XXL SdP 2: A bunny from the full image of bunnies, for thumb and ring finger nails.
NYC Grand Central Station (my topcoat I use over base color before stamping)
Out The Door topcoat to seal in the mani at the end.

This kinda stamping takes a bit longer than normal, since you have to wait for the image to dry on the stamper after each step. If you're looking for a 5 min stamped manicure, this is not it. But it's worth it, well in my book anyways.

Here's what I did:

1. Apply your base color over your dry base coat, and let it dry.
2. Apply 1 coat of topcoat to seal in the base color, so if you make a mistake while stamping you can   remove the failed image with a q-tip dipped in acetone. And let it dry.
3. Stamp the bunny image onto your nail.

Now onto the next part:
4. Apply polish to the image of your choice, scrape and pick it up with your stamper and let it dry before moving on.
5. Pick out the colors of polish or acrylic paints you want to fill in the image and a fine detailed brush. Let it dry. If needed fill in an other coat and let dry.
6. Apply topcoat over the image and  a bit around the image
7. Gently peel off the image from your stamper with tweezers or a toothpick.
8. Apply a coat of topcoat/clear polish on your nail, and while wet place the image onto your nail.
9. Pat the image gently with your finger onto your nail or use a dry and clean brush to do this(I used a brush).
10. Apply your favorite fast drying topcoat to seal in the design.

The video tutorial.






Hope you liked this one.
Have a great Easter.

Thank you for stopping by.


1 comment: