Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My First Saran Wrap Mani.

I haven't done a saran wrap manicure before. But it's this week's Sunday challenge in AIS so decided to try it out. Yes, I know it's not Sunday yet, but wanted to get this one done in good time for once, lol. I grabbed the roll of saran wrap from the kitchen, and tore off some pieces and curled them up.
I have been all into purple and mint this summer, but I still wanted to do a white and lavender mani for this.
So I applied a couple of coats of Sally Hansen Lacey Lavender and Julie G's White Orchid. And waited for it to dry completely before I moved on to the saran wrap stage. Before I started I watched a youtube tutorial on how to do this, since I'm a saran wrap nail virgin.... LOL. So I did as they showed, one nail at the time. Applied Lacey Lavender over White Orchid and grabbed a curled up ball of saran wrap and started dabbing my nail gently while the polish was still wet. And moved on to the next nail armed with a new ball of saran wrap and polish. I have to say, I really liked the look.




So much in fact that I didn't feel like stamping over it.... But since AIS is a stamping group, I have to do some stamping. So I looked at all of my plates and I was searching for something simple. I didn't want to loose the effect of the saran wrapped base.... But then my eyes landed on one of my FUN plates, FUN 12 and decided to use that plate. So I grabbed my Konad special polish in Black, my stamper and scraper and got to work.... I only stamped two nails this time.




Baby Phat nails.

Baby Phat thumb.




Now, it's time for me to make Italian meatballs for dinner. Yup, feeling very Italian mama today.... LOL.
Have a great day/night where ever you are in the world.

Happy stamping.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete