Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Nails.

Time to do some awareness nails again, I will do two for October. First up is for Breast Cancer,  I am doing this in honor of ones of my mother's best friends.  She was an amazing woman who could lift your spirit if you were feeling down. She also helped me get a part time job when I was going though a rough time in my life as a single mom. Every time I saw her she would great me with a big smile and a warm embrace, her laugh and jokes could make anyone smile. And as my parents they had also adopted a child from South Korea.
This one is also in honor of one of my friend back home and her grandmother who lost her battle to breast cancer, she was also an amazing and kind woman.

Every year 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with Breast cancer, and it's the most common cancer among women worldwide.
So what is Breast cancer??
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissue of the breast. The damaged cells can invade surrounding tissue, but with early detection and treatment, most people can continue to live a normal life.

How can we get an Early detection of Breast cancer??
Adult women of all ages should perform a breast self-exam at least once a month.
While mammograms can help to detect cancer before you can feel a lump, breast self-exams helps to be familiar with how your breast looks and feels so you can alert your doctor if there are any changes.
Here's a link on how to do 3 self exams:

http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-self-exam

But are all lumps cancers?
No, I have had two lumps removed in my right breast twice. Both times they were cysts, but to just be on the safe side and they were giving me discomfort I had them removed. But any changes in your breasts that you noticed you should talk about with your doctor right away.

As mentioned earlier 1 in 8 women world wide get diagnosed with Breast cancer each year, that is a lot of mothers, sisters, daughters. So let's unite and spread the word of breast cancer awareness and support the research for a cure.

Here is my Breast cancer awareness nails.
I used China Glaze Dance Baby as base color.
Then I used 2 coats of OPI You Glitter Be Good To Me on two of the nails.
I pulled out my BM 321 plate
And for stamping polish I used China Glaze BFF.

You can't see the holo effect on BFF that well. 








No comments:

Post a Comment