Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Sunday, October 20, 2013

First Look & Stamping Test Of Winstonia Omage Plate Series 1.

I ordered these plates 3 days ago, and they came in the mail today. So yay for fast shipping!!!
This isn't a plate set, like the 20 plate set they also sell on their site. It's a serie of 4 plates in the theme Nature. You have to pay $ 4.95 US for each plate. I got 2 of each plate because I am giving them to a friend as a gift.

These plates are bigger than Winstonia's other plates and have more images on them. They are the same size as the normal Dashica plates the XL SdP 1-120. These also have backing on them, and the blue plastic was very easy to peel off.

Left is Winstonia W-04, Right is Dashica SdP 6.


So what was my first impression of the plates while I was peeling off the plastic? Some of he images are really big, wasn't too happy about the size of the shark and squid on plate W-01. If I ever use those two images I have to split them up and stamp them on 3 nails.... Some of the leaves and flowers on plates W-03 and W-4 are really big too, but they don't bother me as much as the shark and squid.

W-01


W-02


W-03


W-04


For the testing I painted some of my "testing stones" with white acrylic paint and used 
Darkest Hour from Fantasy Makers (Wet N Wild's Halloween brand) as stamping polish.
It has started to get cold here in Utah, so we have to run the heater. And needless to say that gave me some problems during testing. The warm air from the heater dried the polish too fast, and before I got the image from stamper and on to the stamping stone. So filming the test was a few takes and ran longer than I wanted so in the video's stamping part I bumped the speed up.




W-01


W-02


W-03


W-04



The images I tried stamped really well, like I said having the heater running while you do your nails can mess things up. But all in all even tho some of the images are really big, each plate had images I really like. And that's why I got these plates. 

Thanks for stopping by.







No comments:

Post a Comment