Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Nail Polish Review: 10.1 Polish

My 6 10.1 Polishes and a palette ring Kelly was so kind to make for me.

I know it has been a while since I made a blog post.
But hoping this one will make up for it...... I was finally able to make an order from 10.1 Polish.
These polishes are made by a good friend of mine, Kelly. I love her to bits, she is an amazing woman that I have gotten so much support from over the last few months. Thank you, Kelly for your friendship. I love ya, girl.





10.1 polishes are Five Free..... And what does that mean?? These polishes are not only made without the 3 common chemicals found in nail polishes: Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Formaldehyde. But also without 2 other very dangerous chemicals Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor. So two thumbs up for that!!! So you can open these up and apply them to your nails without giving you and people around you a splitting headache.

I ordered 3 of her Frosted Sheers polishes, her winter holiday collection. I picked Snow Caps, Full Moon and Reservation. These are sheer tints with holographic pigment added to them. You can see the holo affect well in Reservation and Full Moon, but Snow Caps is very faint and hard to see. But that is not Kelly's fault. She added as much pigment to Snow Caps as she did to the others. But white is known to "WASH OUT" the holo effect. And you can't keep adding SpectraFlair or other holo pigment to white, because it will turn it into grey. So it is VERY hard to make a good white holo polish. I have tried, because I have 2 grades of SpectraFlair (1 gr each). The best result I have with getting a white holo is, if I paint my nails with a normal white polish.  And then apply a holo topcoat over.

Kelly told me to pick 3 extra polishes that she wanted to add to my order as a gift and to review, so I picked Cherry Blast, Kiwi Delight and Plum-tastic. These are also jelly tint polishes, so they aren't made to be opaque in 1-2 coats. They will just do a faint jelly color on your nail. But you can add as many coats you want, and the color will become more vibrant.

But most girls and guys I know who use tint polishes use it with their nail art. Stamping or free hand nail art. They apply the base color, then stamp or paint with white and then use the tints to color the white areas. And you get like a stained glass effect or jello color effect.

10.1 polishes applies like a dream, I love the brush perfect for my narrow nail beds. They dry pretty fast, and because they are 5 free they won't give you a headache.  The bottle is a 15 ml bottle, I know she just changed the bottle to a bigger size. Also a few weeks ago she changed the label. So they look very clean and pro like to me. There are so many other colors I want to order and add to my collection. But because they're Indie brand you have to pay a bit extra than your drugstore polishes.
So are they worth the prize?? I would say so.they apply like a dream, fast drying time very pretty colors and they're made with love by Kelly.

I played around with the polishes after I was done recording the video. I will be doing a tutorial with these soon. But the pictures are below.

But I want to say a super big THANK YOU to Kelly for sending me the extra gift. And for being such an amazing friend for the last few months. Thanks for all the support and the many phone calls. I love you, girl.

 Leadlight stamping


 Leadlight stamping


Freehand painted rose in white then used the tint to color.

No comments:

Post a Comment