Wishlist: Image Plates From Random Sites

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hoot, Hoot, Hot, Hot Nail Hoot Lacquers



I have a friend on facebook Brandie. A very busy mom, her kids are so cute. Anyways, besides being a very busy mom she has started her own Indie nail polish brand. Nail Hoot Lacquers, these nail polishes are five-free.

What is five-free nail polish??? Five-free nail polish: These polishes are not only made without the 3 common chemicals found in nail polishes: Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Formaldehyde. But also without 2 other very dangerous chemicals Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor.

Brandie was so kind to send me mini bottles of her whole collection, The Beginning. When I got them I was amazed by the adorable owl label. So cute. And she added a label with the names of the polishes, even tho they were mini bottles. She also included a sheet of paper with information about her polishes, names, descriptions and tips on how to apply them to get the most of the effect of each polish to stand out on the nails.
I have to say I am very impressed with how she's presenting her own polish line, no doubt a lot of love and care for her polishes and clients.

This coming Saturday you can buy the polishes individually, right now you can buy the whole collection:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/223552683/nail-hoot-the-beginning-complete
And the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nail-Hoot-Indie-Lacquers/791015887614468?fref=ts

I decided to follow Brandie's tips for each color for the swatches.


Look at the cute owl label.


How each color look in the bottle.


                                         
youtube video.

The whole collection is amazing, each color changes depending how the light hits your nails. And they all have some glitter or special effect pigment mixed into them. All of these polishes applied like a dream,  didn't matter if they were applied over a white base or just basecoat. And they dried pretty fast too. I also applied my HK Girl fast drying topcoat. 


Let's start with the swatches and my thought of each color.

Exodus
This bright golden apple green color looked very plain in the preview picture. But when I got it, I saw the light gold sheen.The gold is super fine, looks more like a light gold pigment that makes the apple green color POP. I applied 3 coats of this over White base, just like Brandie suggested. I don't have anything like this in my polish collection. But this color is perfect for the upcoming Spring season.

Exodus

Numbers
This Barbie pink color was the last color she added to her collection, when I saw her picture I thought it looked OK. But this color has a pearl like shine to it and depending on how the lights hit your nail you can get some sparkle, but that is very faint. I did 3 coats over White base.

                                     
Numbers



Leviticus
Now this was the color that made my jaw drop to the floor when I saw Brandie's picture. This glittery orange color is AMAZING.  Yes, there are fine holographic glitter mixed into it, but the color goes from orange-red-pink all depending on the light hitting your nails. This is just so stunning to look at, but oh my was it hard to film and take pictures of. I was trying my best to get pictures and recordings showing that amazing color effect. I applied 3 coats over White.
Leviticus

Leviticus 



Deuteronomy
This purple is so pretty, I love purples. And this one also has fine holographic glitter mixed into it. And depending on how the light hits your nails goes from purple to dark blue. Also hard to get a good picture of, but darn pretty to look at. Applied 2 coats over base coat.

Deuteronomy 

Deuteronomy 


 Genesis
This midnight blue shade has holographic glitter mixed into it, but it has a green tint to it. So depending on how the light hits your nail it can go from the blue to a faint dark teal like color. I applied 3 coats over base coat.
 Genesis


Genesis


All in all I am very happy with this collection. I like all the colors, but Genesis, Deuteronomy and Leviticus are no doubt my favorites. I hope I can buy full size bottles of at least these three. I also like Exodus, my least favorite is Numbers. It's pretty but didn't give me the WOW factor as much as the other 4. I can not wait to see what Brandie comes up with next. I am sure it's going to be awesome.

To Brandie:
I hope little Dexter gets better soon, double ear infections for small babies.... Poor little guy. I am sure he is keeping you busy. Thank you so much, Brandie for letting me review your first polish collection. 

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment